top of page


Before you may marry, the law requires that you sign and lodge with me the ‘Notice of Intended Marriage‘.
This form must be submitted to me a minimum of one calendar month prior to the wedding.
You can submit your Notice in person, via fax or mail, but you must bring the original Notice with you when you

meet with me. The NOIM form will remain active for 18 calendar months from the date of submission.
You can download the form below for your convenience.


Download a Notice of Intended Marriage form

  • You must be over 18 years of age to marry in Australia.

  • If you are Australian born you must show your birth certificate in English.

  • If you reside outside Australia you are required to
    show your birth certificate or passport from your country of birth.

  • If either of you have previously been married
    you will have to produce your Divorce Decree Absolute papers.


  • If either of your spouses are deceased, you must produce the Death Certificate.

  • On the day of your marriage you must have two witnesses over the age of 18.

  • Three Marriage certificates – The three Marriage certificates must be signed by all relevant parties.

bottom of page